5G Network in a Box for Testing & Simulation Use Cases | Test & Validate 5G-Ready solutions On Go
- 2022-07-07, 08:19 am
- 5G NIAB
- 5G Network in a Box
In our earlier blogs on 5G Network in a box, we dwelled on its Function, Benefits, and Use Cases. This blog will focus on one of the primary use cases of 5G Network in a box – Testing & Simulation.
Advances in disruptive technologies like 5G are unlocking unprecedented opportunities across domains. From delivering immersive entertainment experiences, revolutionizing healthcare, becoming the foundation of intelligent autonomous mobility, and ushering in a new era of smart connected factories and products in manufacturing, 5G promises it all. And more. However, testing its reliability, QoS (Quality of Service), and effectiveness is crucial for any innovation to be impactful. Therefore, the pressure is on companies – established players and startups – to be the first to market reliable, safe, and affordable 5G-enabled solutions that deliver the best customer experiences.
What is 5G Testing?
5G testing signifies more than verifying ultra-low latency, lightning-fast download speeds, and comprehensive coverage density. 5G test solutions go beyond these and play a vital role in developing, deploying, and operational excellence of 5G-enabled technologies. According to Qualcomm commissioned research, 5G technology will enhance everything from mobile broadband to the Internet of Things (IoT). With USD 265 billion invested annually in the 5G value chain, the research estimates 5G will enable USD 13.1 trillion of global economic output by 2035.
Therefore, to help realize such projections, scalable test systems are required to measure the complete performance of the 5G product, service, application, API, and network in simulated real-world user behavior in 5G test field trials.
What is required is a new approach for the 5G test architecture. A system that will help MNOs, equipment suppliers, and Independent Software Developers (ISVs) validate their software, hardware, and configurations to ensure they perform as per standards and deliver excellent customer experience. Also, the test solutions must be built on flexible, scalable platforms that can integrate expanded capabilities as standards advance and needs evolve. One such product is 5G Network in a box.
How NIAB helps in 5G testing & simulation
5G Network in a box (NIAB) is an all-in-one ready-to-use solution that integrates a core network and Radio Access Network (RAN) into a compact, portable box. It helps its users minimize field defects, uncover interoperability issues, and increase the customer experience cycle. To achieve this, NIAB supports a combination of testing and verification strategies that can be broadly categorized into two testing and simulation bandwidths.
1. Standard Bandwidth/ Throughput (20MHz/200 Mbps): With a lower range, this bandwidth is ideal for:
- Portable Labs: These enable end-to-end 5G testing on a single unified platform and help OEMs, telecom operators, and silicon players validate their current solutions, minimize field defects, establish vendor interoperability and improve the customer experience cycle. Also, plan future scaling and innovations to stay at the forefront of emerging 5G-enabled technologies.
- Handover Testing: Handover test systems assess the performance of three or more connected devices in a cabled environment to avoid interference to self and other cells. Covering a wide frequency range, they are designed to maximize customization as the mobile user moves through the network coverage area.
- Interoperability Testing: Interoperability is critical for every 5G solution targeted for commercialization and is a vital step for achieving vendor agnosticism. It ensures all standards-based solutions work together seamlessly, irrespective of the vendor, to deliver a high-performing RAN solution.
- Interoperability is critical for every 5G solution targeted for commercialization. Critical step towards achieving vendor agnosticism, it ensures all standards-based solutions work together seamlessly, irrespective of the vendor to deliver a high-performing RAN solution.
- RAN/Core Testing: as 5G standards advance, testing is crucial to accelerate innovation and build high-performing 5G architectures. 5G Core (5GC) introduces innovations like virtualization, service-based architecture (SBA), and network slicing. However, the elastic nature of the 5GC also poses new challenges for testing the core network elements. From the 5G Core to the 5G Radio Access Network (RAN), a 5G network demands a close link between all network resources. A 5G network simulator is the perfect solution to enable this.
2. High Bandwidth/Throughput (100MHz/1Gbps): This bandwidth supports:
- Performance Testing: Performance testing is executed to evaluate how a system performs for responsiveness, capability, and stability under varying workloads. It validates multiple factors of the product/ application to ensure its reliability.
- Link Budget Analysis: The performance of any communication link is significantly dependent on the equipment quality, and link budget analysis essentially quantifies the link performance. It evaluates all the gains and losses in the communication link.
- MIMO Testing: Multiple In Multiple Out (MIMO) is a complex technology for 5G NR. MIMO testing helps in validating 5G MIMO system performance in real-world scenarios. It conducts comprehensive multichannel MIMO measurements like Error Vector Magnitude (EVM), Radio Frequency (RF), etc., to evaluate transmitter performance.
- Carrier Aggregation: Carrier Aggregation (CA) for 5G forms the base for deploying high-performing networks. It allows mobile carriers to improve capacity by extending the coverage of mid and high-band by aggregating several frequency bands to deliver at increased speeds and enhancing user experience.
New 5G advancements are making deeper and transforming inroads as we speak, unraveling unprecedented use cases, heralding a quantum leap towards a fully digitized society. To support a successful transition, 5G test practices, tools, software, and protocols required for all 5G deployment phases, form the core of the emerging 5G testing field. 5G Network in a box, a disruptive and futuristic solution, is ideal for providing on-demand connectivity in scenarios like 5G testing & simulation to fulfill the 5G requirements.
Amantya’s 5G Network in a box
Amantya’s 5G Network in a box solution is an all-in-one ready-to-deploy solution. It comes pre-integrated with a fully-functional lightweight cloud-native 5G Core (5G SA Core) and high-performing RAN. Compact and portable NIAB is 3GPP standards-compliant and has an entire 5G network up and running quickly. Also, it can integrate with any standards-compliant third-party solution with minimal configuration efforts. It is a robust solution with an intuitive GUI-based interface and supports multiple bands using software-defined radio. Amantya’s NIAB’s standards interface enables easy integration with commercial UEs.
Keen to know more about Amantya’s 5G Network in a Box and how it can help your business operations? Get in touch at email@example.com
Our team would be happy to assist you!